Saturday, August 16, 2008

I’m still here, I’ve not forgotten about the Blog! The last few weeks have been a little CRAZY. The first day of Head Start was Wednesday so lastweek and Monday and Tuesday were Busy, Busy for me.
As most of you have heard, I lost my Great Grandmother (Ma Ag) on Tuesday afternoon. This has been a tremendous loss for our family! Death is something no one likes to experience or face. Luckly our family hasn’t seen much of this so this took us all by surprise.
Tuesday morning Mom called while I was dropping Tinslea off at DayCare and said that Grandma and Jessi were calling the ambulance to come and get her, she was unresponsive. Mom later called back around noon and said it wasn’t looking good, they thought she was experiencing liver failure. I considered leaving work but then thought “I have so much to do, tomorrow is the first day, I’ll leave work at 5:00 and go see her”. I truly thought everything would be fine! Ma has been through so much, I saw her as a strong lady that could pull through anything – she always had, I had no reason not to think any differently.
Josh came to BG to pick Tinslea up from school then came by work so I could see her for a bit. Before he had gotten there Mom had called him and told him they had called the family in. When Josh told me the news I could get out of the building fast enough. As we drove to the hospital I couldn’t believe this had happened. Ma Passed Away before I was able to get there and see her. – My regret these past few days has been that I put work before my family and chose not to leave.
Ma Ag was always someone you could find peace in being around. I will always cherish the memories I have of her as I know many other will too. Thank you to everyone who came to the funeral home, called, brought food to Grandma Linda, sent cards and most of all thank you to those who sent those wonderful prayers up for our family. God has been with us and got us through these past few days and with the help of him we will continue to take one day at a time.
Please continue to keep Grandma in your prayers! She’s being “Grandma” and trying to stay strong for the rest us, but she is hurting… Please God give her the strength to continue on and be with her during this time of sorrow.
Yesterday after the funeral we all went back to Grandma’s house to have some family time – man there’s nothing better that that! We were all outside letting the kids play and Chad, Josh and Charlie decided to go fishing. Us girls ate, talked, changed some diapers and ate some more. A few hours later the guys got back with a funny story (anytime they go somewhere together something always happens)…. Josh didn’t have his fishing license so he just sat back and relaxed while Chad and Charlie fished. Well, Chad went to cast and HOOKED Charlie in the forehead!!HAHAHA Charlie said “Somebody get it out of my head”. Josh (of course) was like “I’m not doing it”, Chad said “I’m not doing it”. Charlie said “Somebody’s gonna get it out!” So Chad ended up getting the hook out Charlie’s head, it apparently was pretty deep in his head – He had a pretty good gash – HAHAHA. We all laughed so hard…and I’m STILL laughing !!
Today Josh, Tinslea and I spent the day together relaxing, shopping and just enjoying our time with one another. We went to E-Town then to Walmart, and to see Mark, Missy and Hunter, Talon was at a friends house so we didn’t get to see him. Now were home…Tinslea is running around here acting like her new bedtime is 10:00pm LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I felt the samw way when my grandpa passed away. That night I didn't go to the hospital because I was tired and just wanted to relax and I thought I would see him the next day when I went up there. He died early the next morning without me seeing him. So I know how you feel about that. Just remember that she loved you no matter what and not being there did not change that. It has taken me awhile to realize that myself. I will be praying for you all. I know it's hard losing someone.

Ashley Bridges said...

Just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you during your loss. Just keep in my all the memories and the good times that you had... Hope things get better soon... TTYL

Brandy said...

Just wanted to say let Mamaw Linda be "Grandma" that is what she know to do. That is how she is grieving too by taking care of everyone else.

I would like to say it gets better and it does but it takes time. I still miss Maw like crazy but it is getting better slowly. And try not to beat yourself up about not getting there, there is a reason for everything.

I am continuing to pray for you and yours.