Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Mommy's Know Best

Lastnight Tinslea went to bed at 6:30 and Josh woke her up at 8:15!! Now that was some good sleep. I had to go to work early and he needed to do some things at WKU so he took her to daycare. When I got off work at 3:00pm, I went straight to get Tinslea and I had planned on the two of us going to the mall (Deana told me Children's Place was having a good sale). So when I picked her up she just didn't look like she felt any better. I had already called Dr. Smith's office earlier in the day...but once I saw her and heard the way she just kept coughing I knew I had to do something. So we went to the mall, I bought her 2 shirts for next year in the Children's Place for $5! Then we went to our appointment with Dr. Smith at 4:45. Sure enough...she has an infection in her throat :(
When we got home I fixed her some supper, gave her and bath and she went straight to bed - 6:45pm. Josh had CPR training tonight and he was wanting me to keep her up until he got home but she just wouldn't have it she was sooo tired. I guess her little body just needs the rest right now.

7 comments:

mtutko said...

Well, I'm glad you found out what was wrong. Did the doctor give you an antibiotic for her? I'm sure plenty of rest will help her a lot....Do you work tomorrow? If you need anything, let me know. Love you all!!!

Mattalyn and Addisyn's Mommy said...

Thanks so much for the encouraging words on Mattalyn staying away...it's hard but I actually believe I can do it again! I'm glad I'm not the only one who seen it as a good thing for me too! I love reading your blog...Tinslea is sooo cute! Keep in touch! Hope she feels better

Laurie Keen said...

OH I hope little Tinslea feels better! A lot of people have been sick with that lately! You crack me up on that comment on the other one....I can just see you and Josh walking across the yard with your towels sneeking in the neighbors pool! LMAO!!! When you said you all thought about buying one but why i thought of that old saying....WHY BUY THE COW WHEN YOU CAN GET THE MILK FOR FREE!!! lol And I have to agree....why would Josh own a REDS hat? lol

Anonymous said...

I hope that Tinslea gets to feeling better!

Ashley Bridges said...

Poor baby..She is just to cute to be sick. Well at least you found out was wrong with her. I am such a paranoid parent so I would have been freakin out to when her temperature spiked up like it did. I think anybody would that is a very high temp. Hope she feels better soon.

Candi said...

Hope Tinslea feels better soon. Lola had the same thing the last 2 weeks; she just finished her infection medicine last night. It seems to take little ones forever to get over an illness.

The Belchers said...

Thank you everyone...I appreciate all the thoughts! It's wonderful to have friends like you!