Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sinus Infection

I feel like I’m always writing about Tinslea being sick! Monday when we got her from school I could tell by her eyes she was sick. I immediately called the Dr. to schedule her an appointment for Tuesday, then Grandma and Poppie to see if they could take her. My next call was to Mom to see if she could keep her overnight and take her to Grandmas Tuesday morning so we didn’t have to get her up so early. I hate leaving her when she’s sick, I just feel like she needs me, but in this case I knew it would be easier. She ended up not having such a good night. She and Mom were up and down all night then at 3:30 she was up for good ! Dad was at work so she called him and talked for a while and they just played. Now if that were Jodi and I sick or not I don't think we would have been allowed to just PLAY at 3:30 am - an NO she didn't go back to sleep!

As Tinslea went back to her room at the Dr.s office Melissa (Dr. Smith’s nurse) said “Tinslea where is your Mommy”. This was the first time EVER I’ve not taken her to the Dr. : ( It was a little sad, but I knew she was in good hands. Other than her regular check-ups she’s only been maybe 4 of 5 times so I feel like pretty blessed she's been a healthy child this far. The diagnosis of yesterday’s visit was a sinus infection.

She’s much better today and hopefully tomorrow will bring more improvement!

4 comments:

mtutko said...

I'm sorry Tinslea is sick, but glad to hear she is getting better. I feel like I haven't talked to you all in forever, but we will get together soon, promise!!! Have a good day...

Anonymous said...

Bless her heart! We have had the sinus infections for sure!!! I hope things are better soon...they are very painful :-(

Robin Coley said...

This is so funny, but I had to take my baby to Dr. Fraser on Tuesday and I saw the cutest little girl with what looked to be her grandparents and I thought, "she looks sooo familiar". And then I saw the same girl at Wal-Mart and after really studying her, I figured out it was Tinslea.

Glad she is doing better. She is a cutie and she seemed so happy.

The Belchers said...

Thanks everyone. She seems to finally be feeling better but still has teh cough and a runny nose.
That's too funny Robin :) Grandma said they had the best time in Walmart. She said that Poppie went in the bathroom and Tinslea pointed and said "Pa Poo Poo" HAHAHA! A lady walking by heard her and started laughing too!
I hope your little one isn't sick!