Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Happy New Years to Everyone
As always we brought in the New Year at Grandma and Poppies. Grandma Linda, Poppie, Mom, Dad, Jessi, Charlie, Hunter, Jake, Chad, Amber, Tay, Josh, Tinslea and I all enjoyed a night of Food, cards and lots of laughter. All the kids made it longer than I thought they would, Tinslea was the first to go at about 10:00 then the boys and Tay weren’t far behind.
As the night went on Josh got into his “prankster” mode, and taped the water squirter thing on the kitchen faucet. Amber was the first victim, she turned the water on to make Tay a bottle and got squirted. Next was Jessi and lastly was Grandma – she was the best. When she went to turn the water on she cranked it on high – so she really got it good. After Josh pulled all his pranks I saw the perfect opportunity to be a little mean myself. SOOO as Josh began to sit back down to play cards I gently pushed the chair away…and he….slowly….fell to the floor. We all began laughing hysterically!!! Jessi was in the living room and heard the commotion and ran to see what had happened – this next part some may find inappropriate but it was funny so I’m going to tell ya what happened (sorry Jessi) – when Jessi saw Josh laying in the floor she began to laugh so hard she started farting, which made the rest of us laugh even harder!!!
My faith and family are the two most important things in my life. This past year of 2008 we experienced happiness but yet were faced with a few changes and painful situations. In March Uncle Joe and Chelsea moved back to KY to join the rest of the family. It’s been such a blessing to having them here. In August Ma Ag passed away and this was a huge loss for our family. Ma was a very important part of our lives and we loved her dearly. There aren’t many days that go by that I don’t think of her. She definitely left her mark and here with us. The beginning of December Tinslea and I both made big changes in our everyday lives, but things have worked out for the best so it must have been in God’s will.
I pray that God will continue to bless our family for 2009. We will continue to pray for Mamaw Jane as she is about to begin her Dr’s visits, and Grandma Linda on her quest to eventually find the root of her sickness. I also pray that Tinslea continues to develop physically, mentally and spiritually without having to overcome any obstacles. Lastly I pray that our family will continue to grow closer and stronger. May each of you have a wonderful 2009! Thank you for continuing to read our blog – we love the comments!

2 comments:

Dawn Overton said...

Your family has always had an amazing closeness and the amount of fun that you all are able to have to together is GREAT!! There is no doubt that you all have the love and support that sooo many other families lack. I wish the best for everyone. Mamaw Jane and Grandma Linda. Hopefully all will work out for them both. 2008 has been a good one and I hope that 2009 will be equally as good maybe even better. Luv ya

Laurie Keen said...

Okay so I was reading your blog out loud to scott and when i got to the part of Jessi...I couldn't read it out loud because i was laughing so dang hard! i thought you where going to say she pee but farting......THAT IS SO FUNNY! After I finally got the words out to SCott he was cracking up too! You all crack me up!

I know what you mean about Ma Ag...I think about her all the time too. I think about Grandma Linda & Poppy ALL THE TIME. I wish days where like they were....I miss them so much. My goal is to get down there and visit more this year! Love that family!