Thursday, December 4, 2008

Our First Day

I don't really have much time to write tonight, we're kind of busy. Our power was off when we got in so that threw everything off. Anyways, Tinslea didn't cry this morning when I left her (tomorrow may be different, she may realize it's the NEW routine). I called at lunch and talked to her teacher, Ms. Tammy, and she said she was doing fine. When I picked Tinslea up she was in a good mood, which was reassuring, and Ms. Tammy said they did have to pat her back for her to go to sleep but other than that she was great!! And she couldn't believe how GOOD Tinslea ate. -I told her there is NOTHING Tinslea won't eat!!
As for me, well you know how the first few weeks are, slow with lots of reading and listening. So today was very relaxed!! I'm really looking forward to this job, I think I'm going to quickly fall in LOVE!! And ALL the ladies are super nice, and it's not a fake nice I've been at the center several times and they are very welcoming.
For those of you who don't know ...I'm now working for the Breck-Grayson Head Start as a Home Based Teacher (and I will also be doing family services). I will have 11 families and will go into the homes and work with the parents and the children - ages 0-3. Now doesn't that sound amazing?? I'm pumped, this age is right up my alley!!
After I got off work I picked Tinslea up and we went to the gym to pick up Josh, Aren't we just ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY!!

2 comments:

Ashley Bridges said...

Wow lots of change going on..But how exciting..I hope everything goes great for you... Keep us all posted .

Anonymous said...

Okay go head and brag about your great job....I am happy for you. But I am anxious to see whose smiling face I will be looking for the rest of the school year:(