Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Sick Little Girl

A pic of Tinslea coloring tonight, my poor sick baby

Today was one of those days when you realize you’re a true parent! Our new morning routine was going pretty good, I dropped Josh off and work and was on my way to take Tinslea to daycare. I had gotten her inside she gave me a kiss and Ms. Tammy looked at her and said “Good morning Tinslea! How are you?” As soon as she got the words out there it went … She Spewed (it looked like cottage cheese) and it went everywhere, on the floor, on her, on her coat, on my shirt, and on my keys. I quickly got her cleaned up and loaded her into the car. Today only being my 4th day of work, I couldn’t miss. So I took her to Josh and he called my Dad – so Dad drove all the way to Grayson County to get her from Josh. I honestly don’t know what we would do without my Dad. Almost everytime Tinslea has been sick Dad has been the one to take care of her so we don’t have to miss work.
As for myself, I had vomit on my shirt, so I called my boss to let her know what had happened then quickly stopped at Walmart to buy a new shirt and rushed to get to Breck to be at my first home visit at 8:30am!! With all of the drama I made it, and with time to spare. I walked through the office door at 7:45am.
When Josh and I got home Mom, Dad and Tinslea were already at our house waiting for us. As soon as I looked at her I could tell in her eyes she didn’t feel good. I took her temp and it was 102.1. I gave her some Tylenol and began washing sheets and using the Lysol!! The weird thing is she is acting FINE! She’s being the BeSt sick little GiRl a Mommy could ask for.

2 comments:

Dawn Overton said...

AWWW...Poor little thing. U too. I am sure you were in a mad dash to make it on time and with clean clothes. I bet u grabbed the first shirt u came to at Walmart. Glad your job is going good and that Tinslea is liking her new day care. Luv you guys!!

Ashley Bridges said...

Those are not the fun parenting days huh??? LOL... Two christmas' ago we were opening presents at home and Chad had just turned off the video camera and Peyton puked all over me and all the gifts...It was one to always remember and of course Peyton still asks me If I remember when she puked on me and my reply is always "which time?" Hope she feels better soon.